The sound you hear is me collapsing with a sigh of relief.
(They’re done! They’re done!)
These are my finished Pomatomuses (Pomatomi?)
This is the yarn that I had left:
This is how much of them most people will see, but I will know the truth that lies beneath the denim:
Overall, I’m pleased with how these socks turned out, but boy howdy did the pattern challenge me. Additionally, by some strange twist of fate, I finished the 1st sock with about 3 yards of yarn to spare (a whole 3 yards! party!), but ran out of the 2nd ball halfway through the toe of the 2nd sock. (Those with size 11 feet – beware! Extra yarn is your friend!) I finished the toe with every little last scrap of yarn I had left. (For those curious – Yes, my gauge was the same on both socks, and yes, I stopped the foot pattern at the same place on both socks. I’m not sure what happened.)
Whee! And *phew* – a finished pair of socks just in time to count for my October “Sock a Month” Knitalong entry. What socks next, what socks next… 😉