There’s been some cheating going on.
I’m still on the Jaywalkers (and have even started #2!), but the Fair Isle sweater hasn’t seen much action in the past few days because I secretly decided to cast on for Baudelaire on Sunday night. I haven’t even gone to add it to the WIP list on the sidebar, I’ve just been sort of quietly working away at it.
I tried the figure-8 cast on for it as the pattern sugests, and failed miserably, so hopefully #2 will do better on that score. But the lacy pattern is surprisingly easy to memorize, and I’m about a half-inch away from starting the gusset increases. I’m so excited I can hardly contain myself. My first toe-up sock!
The comments on my last post were extremely helpful! Gwyn directed me to Denise’s toe up sock pattern, which I think I may well try instead of the Widdershins pattern, and then Andrea linked to a Miram Felton toe-up tutorial which also looks worth a try. I have 2 pairs of Lorna’s Laces skeins waiting for a plain toe-up sock with a flap heel, and one of these may well be the lucky pattern. Failing that, I’ll see if I can modify the Baudelaire construction (as long as it works) for a stockinette sock.
In explanation of my post title – I’ve been photographing things against my pile of sock yarn (the pile hasn’t grown since the last post, thankfully), because that window has the best natural light in my house. I took the plants out of it over the summer because they were baking in the sun and heat, and a couple of months back I used it to photograph some sock yarn – the yarn never made it back to the stash, and I see no reason not to display it out in the open. And it is at least as colourful as the Christmas cactus blossoms