Fiona tagged me on that “Random Facts” meme that’s been going around – and I was mildly gleeful, I admit, because I don’t think I’ve ever been tagged on a meme before. Lucky me! And lucky you, now you get to read some random trivia about me, me me!
1. I’m a very fannish person – as in, TV fan. While I don’t watch an incredible # of television shows, I love talking about the ones I do watch. Same with movies. I don’t understand when people watch a show or a film and come out saying simply, “I liked it.” or “I didn’t like it,” and that’s it. I could go for ages about characters and stories and blocking and lighting and musical score.
2. I run for exercise and usually listen to a knitting podcast while I do.
3. I currently share an apartment with my twin sister, and this has worked out pretty well for nearly 4 years now. However, we’ll both be moving in the fall and it’s sort of like the end of an era.
(M and me atop Signal Hill in Newfoundland a couple of summers ago – check that wind, baby!)
4. I’ve never seen a full episode of the show “Smallville”, but I think the theme song/credits are awesome.
5. I hate the fact that the movie box office is biased against female actors. A crappily written movie wtih a lot of pretty boys in it and a lot of action will always make more money than a crappily written movie with pretty girls in it. And chances are, the movies with leading actresses headlining the film that do make money are the typical “girl finds self/life dream and gets guy at end.” Why can’t a woman ever save the world in a movie and have it be a normal thing like when a guy saves the world in a movie?
6. I’ve travelled in 3 continents and Chicago O’Hare airport is the only one that’s ever made me cry.
7. I drink tea, and if someone serves me tea in a restaurant composed of a single (unused) teabag and a cup of hot water, I will ask them to go back and put the teabag in the pot/mug first, then pour the steaming water over the teabag. I only recently started doing this, but I’m stubborn enough that when I’m paying $2.50 for a cup of tea, I want it to taste like tea.
8. I’m not on Facebook. Yet. But so many of my friends are on it that I feel like my resistance will only wear down after a matter of time.
I guess now the rules say I tag more people, right? So…I will go ahead and tag Kelly (Hedgehog knits), Sarah (All Fingers and Thumbs), Marianne, and my see-stor M to post 5+ random facts about themselves, if they haven’t already. In fact, if you haven’t been tagged and would like to be, consider yourself tagged, too. 🙂
I received 2 more books to review last week, so hopefully I will have one of those up by the end of the week! Runway Knits and Knits Three Ways.