It’s here, the week thousands of us have been waiting months for…I leave very early tomorrow morning for the long trek to the west coast and the exciting Sock Summit event. For better or worse, I can tell you this is certainly going to be the content of my next few blog posts, so I hope you won’t mind coming along for the ride! All I can say is that I’ll be blogging…what or who, well, the adventures will unfold as they may.
To look forward to, I’ve got:
- One 4am wake-up call (tomorrow…let us not speak of this any further)
- Four thee-hour classes
- Two travel-knitting projects (socks in Lorna’s Laces sock, shawl in Tanis Fiber Arts fingering weight)
- One volunteer shift
- Three parties/special events
- A twelve-hour one-way trip (that’s with airport time)
- One fun roomie/partner-in-crime to share the week with
- And unpredictable amounts of yarn, food, drink, and revelry
My homework is done, my suitcases are packed, all that’s left is to fly out tomorrow morning. It’s gonna be one heck of a week to remember, and I can’t wait to arrive and have the journey behind me so the real fun can begin.
(Also, that subject line is funnier if you’ve seen the X-Files pilot episode…and if you already knew that, then you might be my new best friend.)
Here’s looking forward to meeting a few knitters on my travels tomorrow, and good thoughts for those already en route. Catch you on the flip side!