It’s busy times around here at Knitting to Stay Sane, both in the “real” non-knitting world and in knitting goings-on. Things I Am Up To include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Enjoying daydreaming about being back at the nice weekend I spent in the company of knitters, wherein I crammed in all the relaxation and knitting time I didn’t manage to get in over my actual break week.
2. Kicking myself for forgetting to bring my camera with me for said weekend. (It’s the classic problem that comes of switching over to a different handbag).
3. Contemplating approximately eleventy million design ideas at various stages of execution. (ranging from the “post-it note above desk” phase, to the “bookmarks in stitch dictionaries and yarn strewn about the house” phase, and even to the “prototype is half-done” phase. It’s good times.)
4. Wondering exactly what this Socks That Rock (“never on sunday” colourway) is playing at when it gives me spirally swooshes on one sock, and almost entirely vertical lines on the second sock:
5. Playing the mental game of “how many papers do I have left to grade” vs. “feasibility/suitability of trying to get them all done in the next 48 hours.” (You can only play this at advanced levels.)
6. Realizing that daylight hours are growing longer every day, and that getting up in the morning actually no longer happens in the pitch darkness anymore. Thank goodness.
7. Daydreaming about knitting. Right now.